Tuesday, December 17, 2013

"One for the Money" - Still Good After All These Years


When I think of money management, one of my first thoughts is this old pamphlet put out by the church called "One for the Money." It's based on a talk by Marvin J. Ashton given in 1975. I've been given probably 10 or more copies in my time in the church. Bishops seem to love handing it out.

I reread it today, and I can honestly say I'm blown away by how good all the advice is. He lays out step by step how to take care of your financial house. If everyone followed this pamphlet, I would have a lot less to write about. Reading through it, I think I could do dozens and dozens of posts on the content in there, while it covers everything in about 15 pages. I'm going to start breaking it down in detail in future posts, so look for that in the next few weeks (or months depending on how in depth I decide to go).

You can get the pamphlet online here.

No comments:

Post a Comment