Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Welcome

The first post of new blog is always a bit of a pain to write. I, like many people, have the skeletons of several now-defunct blogs floating around on the internet, so I've written several of these. I'm never really happy with how they turn out, but I figure I have to put something down on the page so I can get started writing about what interests me.

As far as this blog goes, I want to talk about personal finance, but I want to be free to put a religious perspective into my posts and thoughts. Since I'm a Mormon, the religious stuff will mainly come from an LDS perspective. Basically, I've been reading and studying about this stuff somewhat obsessively for the past six or eight months and my wife is starting to get a glazed look in her eyes when I talk too much about money. Thus, you find me here.

A little about me, I'm in my late 20's and nearing the end of my DMA program. As I've mentioned, I'm married and I have two little kids. After I (finally) finish school, I'm planning on saving as aggressively as possible in order to retire early. I'll probably get into more specifics as my posting continues, but that's enough for now.

If you're new here, feel free to look around and drop me a line if you have any questions, gripes, moans, complaints or suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment